Friday, August 26, 2011

Solange's 8/25 playlist

Last night was so much fun! Dressed up in a lamb av (which, of course, is often the first step toward a good time ;) I played my little lambie heart out for a really great crowd. Many of you that we know and love came by, as well as many new faces that I hope will become regulars, too. The music was mainly things heavy in my personal rotation lately, like White Denim, Yuck, Swimsuit and (yes, again!) Pete and the Pirates. I also revisited a few of my favorite tracks from the last couple of years. If you never got an earful of The Wave Pictures or Firewater, take a listen and see what ya think. I'm fond of both. And here's the whole shootin' match from Thursday night:


Pete and the Pirates-Cold Black Kitty
The Wave Pictures-Just Like a Drummer
Yuck-Milkshake
Loney, Dear-My Heart
Arctic Monkeys-Reckless Serenade
Black Moth Super Rainbow-Iron Lemonade
The Ettes-My Baby Cried All Night Long
Sons and Daughters-Bee Song
Tom Vek-A.P.O.L.O.G.Y
White Denim-Bess St.
The Horrors-Monica Gems
Deerhunter-Nosebleed
A Place to Bury Strangers-Lost Feeling
Wooden Shjips-Lazy Bones
The Black Swans-Sunshine Street
Hooray for Earth-True Loves
The Middle East-Hunger Song
The Helio Sequence-Lately
Givers-Saw You First
Washed Out-Far Away
M83-Midnight City
Carousels-Here to Me
Seapony-Into the Sea
Swimsuit-Outside Your Window
Frightened Rabbit-Backwards Walk
Crystal Stilts-Through the Floor
No Age-Shred and Transcend
Ty Segall-You Make the Sun Fry
Art Brut-Bad Comedian
Black Lips-New Direction
The Beatles-I Want to Hold Your Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment