Sunday, August 21, 2011

Solange's 8/18 Set

It was another lovely night for chatting and dancing at The Propane Teahouse this last Thursday. The fabulous Colleen Lilliehook did a guest spot for us. I'll bug her for a playlist to put up here, but I know she is crazy busy these days. It was a treat to get to hear her play again.

As for me, I played a mixed set of old and new tunes - some rock and some on the poppier side. Last month, Sundazed released the collected tracks of Oscar and the Majestics from '63 - '68. If you like garage-y rock, give that one a listen. I really enjoyed it. Also recommended is the latest release from City Center. Although it can be a bit noodley for my tastes, there are still some great singles in there. And I am a fan of the atmospheric, wash of sound they do so well. And, yes, I am still raving about Pete and the Pirates... just keeps getting better every time I listen to it! Here's the list:


Swimsuit-Outside Your Window
Noisettes-Sometimes
Pete and The Pirates-Come To The Bar
Elbow-Grounds For Divorce
Crystal Stilts-Prometheus At Large
The Naked And Famous-Young Blood
Vox Jaguars-Swagger
Arctic Monkeys-I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
The Go-Go's-We Got the Beat
Fucked Up-Queen Of Hearts
White Denim-Drug
Local Natives-Who Knows Who Cares
Eleanor Friedberger-I Won't Fall Apart On You Tonight
Ray Charles-Early In The Morning
Title Tracks-Tougher Than The Rest
Parenthetical Girls-Young Eucharists
The Horrors-Still Life
Florence And The Machine-Cosmic Love
Hot Chip-Over and Over
Get Set Go-I'll Be Your Heroin
Oscar & The Majestics-Dawn
The Postal Service-Such Great Heights
Julian Casablancas-Left & Right In The Dark
Yeasayer-I Remember
Metronomy-Everything Goes My Way
Culture Reject-Inside The Cinema
The Drums-Down By the Water
Bright Eyes-Middleman
A Sunny Day In Glasgow-So Bloody, So Tight
Young Prisms-Sugar
City Center-Modern Love
Franz Ferdinand-Evil And A Heathen
The Beatles-Back in the USSR

No comments:

Post a Comment