Sunday, July 24, 2011

Windsor Faints Under Hot Covers

Well, hello there (B)Indies! This is my first blog post, so I wanted to pop up and say howdy.

That out of the way...down to business. This past Thursday night I was suffering from the sweltering heat wave covering the middle of the country. My lappy and I both struggled through to bring you a set of cool cover songs. What is a little heat stroke amongst friends when there is dancing to be done? That's why we have a fainting couch next to the dance floor.

The set list of punk, indie and Brit pop cover awesomeness:

Lagwagon – The Mission Impossible Theme
Bad Brains & Henry Rollins – Kick Out the Jams
The Suicide Machines – I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
Operation Ivy – These Boots Were Made For Walking
Skankin' Pickle – Turning Japanese
Me First & The Gimme Gimmes – Isn't She Lovely?
Manic Street Preachers – Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Death Cab For Cutie – Earth Angel
Glasvegas – Be My Baby (By request from Solange)
Nick Cave & Neko Case – She's Not There
Kate Nash – Fluorescent Adolescent
The Magic Numbers – Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand – Mis-Shapes
Razorlight - Hey Ya!
The Kooks – Young Folks
Julian Casablancas – Rave On
Stereophonics – Ooh La La
The Morning Benders – Lovefool
FM Belfast – Killing In The Name
Arcade Fire – Maps
Zeep – Ghost Town
Dizzee Rascal – That's Not My Name
Yo La Tengo – Surfing Bird
Ramones – Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Alkaline Trio – Metro
Seaweed – Go Your Way
Shearwater – Baby's On Fire
Placebo – I Feel You
Gene – Don't Let Me Down
The Frank & Walters – Cemetry Gates
Blur – Oliver's Army
Suede – Brass In Pocket
Warpaint – Ashes To Ashes
The Bird & The Bee – One On One (Walt wanted Hall & Oates...I obliged.)
Alela Diane – Just Like Honey
Hot Chip – Sexual Healing
Jonsi – Time To Pretend

No comments:

Post a Comment