Friday, July 29, 2011

Hot-N-Cool Propane

For my July 28 Propane Teahouse set, I was in an eclectic mood; usually I try for a handful of new-new tunes but just wasn't inspired by what's coming out right now, or I've already played what I like, or whatever... so I reached back a few years for a bunch of the songs. This set had a sort of 'lost love' and 'anti-religious' theme going on, it was semi-intentional.

This was the first time I've played Alien Sex Fiend and Ursula 1000 in a Second Life set but sampled electronica felt tasty. New Cat's Eyes album continues to deliver great songs. Played a few new-to-me bands like Holy Ghost!, !!! and Raphael Saadiq, really enjoyed finding Irish rockabilly artist Imelda May on Baeble. Was able to slip in a tune by one of my fave local bands, The Fucking Eagles from Tacoma, WA (who took their name from a Big Lebowski movie quote) and finished things off with an Eric Burdon classic that always makes me misty-eyed.

Archie Bronson Outfit - Magnetic Warrior
Lords Of Altamont - Evil Hearted You [Explicit]
Hurricane Bells - Monsters
PJ Harvey - Down By The Water
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Kooler Than Jesus
Eels - Paradise Blues
Texas Motherfuckers - Fuck It Up
The National - Terrible Love
Myssouri - The Floorless Jig
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick And Tich - Hold Tight
Stephen Malkmus And The Jicks - Senator
Anna Calvi - Desire
The Strokes - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
Ursula 1000 - Kaboom
Holy Ghost! - Do It Again
Gbh - Alcohol
The Hollies - Carrie Anne (2003 Digital Remaster)
The Fucking Eagles - Baby, I'm Coming Home
The Black Angels - Yellow Elevator #2
The Action - Hey Sah-Lo-Ney
Everybody Was In the French Resistance... Now! - Superglue
YACHT - Dystopia (The Earth Is On Fire)
Alien Sex Fiend - The Impossible Mission
The Clash - The Card Cheat
!!! - Myth Takes
Cat's Eyes - Over You
Imelda May - Big Bad Handsome Man
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Mercy
The Sonics - The Witch
The Hula Girls - Volcano (Feat. DJ Bonebrake & Gary Brandin)
The Kills - Last Day of Magic
Arcade Fire - Intervention
Sweet - Fox On The Run
Raphael Saadiq - Big Easy (feat. The Infamous Young Spodie & The Rebirth Brass Band)
Eric Burdon & The Animals - Sky Pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment